Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Christmas House

Ho Ho Ho Christmas is getting closer!! To get into the spirit today I made the first of my Christmas decorations. A house which will eventually be part of my table center piece. I had one of my best friends over scrapping with me today and with lots of advice produced my first house in the new series from Retired out to lunch. A recent CHA release. What a great product they are too! Really easy to put together and endless possibilities for decorating them! I got mine from Karen's Scrappin' Kupboard
























These are so much fun to make! I have used corduroy card stock for the window shutters, roof trims and door. On the house I have used Graphic45 Christmas Past Collection, Letters to Santa and Carol of the Bells patterned paper again from Karen's Scrappin' Kupboard. The wreath on the door is in a set of stickers from a $2 shop.























The picket fence is from Scrapware. The windows are covered with vellum and the frames drawn on with permanent marker.
















A close up of the dormer on the roof. The Christmas lights are loose rhinestones from My2Angels adhered with Dimensional Magic. The snow and icicles are created with 3D Kindy Glitz. This is fantastic stuff. It's so thick it will hang and not run down.
























The 3D Kindy Glitz looks great as snow on the edges of the roof. I have put a piece of ribbon around the chimney with Christmas sayings on it.


On a sadder note I would like to say a sad farewell to Patrick Swayze. What a brilliant actor he was. Ghost still sends shivers up my spine and who can forget him in Dirty Dancing! While it was expected it is still sad none the less :(



5 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable Jo, love it. The 3d kindy glitz is bloody awesome stuff ah? Love the idea of different coloured rhinestones
    Tracy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) yeah I'm lovin' the 3D Kindy Glitz! Jacqui was pretty impressed too I think. I want it in every colour now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh!! I love that Christmas house how clever and it just looks gorgeous , will make a great centre piece.

    Shazza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveing it Jo it came up so well! and thanks for a lovely day I had sooooooo much fun have to do it again soon :)

    ReplyDelete