Monday, September 14, 2009

Real Thing

The page I want to share with you today is for an ad challenge over at Dotty Divas.
Its my sister Zennia and my Dad taken around 1971/72 in Granny Woodhouse's front yard at Gunns Plains. Sadly now Granny, the house and my father have all gone but the beautiful memories are still there.






















Black Bazzil cardstock for the background, Fiskars Vineyard Vines patterned paper, Mulberry flowers, white gel pen, micro beads, Thickers and of course bling from My2Angels!















For the Real Thing part of the title I used Fiskars Vineyard Vines patterned paper. I hand stitched it to the background (because my sewing machine appears to be on strike!) then went around the edges with a wet cotton tip to make the paper easier to tear. I hadn't tried this effect before so I was a bit worried I would end up having to start again but I am pleased with the result.













"A Daddy's love" is written with white gel pen. I hadn't used one of these before either and thought it wasn't working! Someone should put an idiot proof instruction on this model telling people it goes on clear and dries white LOL "it's the" are black Thickers which I have coated with dimensional magic and covered with lime micro beads. I didn't have enough letters in my green set, it must be time to restock!






















A nice close up of the flowers with the white gel pen doodling and pearl. The large rhinestone in the flower centers is from My2Angels. You dont often see them in this size. They are a favorite of mine so you will see a lot of them on my pages.

4 comments:

  1. OMG - Look at you girlie!! You have been blogging for 24hours and you have NINE!! followers. What are you doing right :)

    congrats, I love your new blog!

    Shazza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree Shazza it took me forever to get followers LOL
    Great layout Jo and I have to admit I don't think I have even used those large rhinestones yet (blush)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog jo, awesome looking. love that LO of yours very creative, love how you did the title, the whole lot is striking, and by the way, you have a rak ready from me, from being a follower of my blog and doing both screen2scrap and artastic challenges this month, could you email me your postal addy to amandaj73@optusnet.com.au thanks

    ReplyDelete